GDPR CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
In this policy, “Company” means Flyt limited. The Company is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being sent a copy of this privacy notice because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
· Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
· Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
· Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
· Accurate and kept up to date.
· Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
· Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
(a) The information you have provided to us in any curriculum vitae and covering letter.
(b) The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
(c) Any information you provide to us during an interview.
(d) Role assessment test results.
We may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information: categories” of more sensitive personal information:
· Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions (prospective employees only).
· Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records (prospective employees only).
· Information about criminal convictions and offences (prospective employees only).
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
· You, the candidate.
· TRG.Technology Recruitment, Burns Sheehan, Arrows Group, Confido Talent Limited recruitment agencies, from which we collect the following categories of data:
(a) The information you have provided to them, relating to your work experience.
(b) The information you have provided to them, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, role assessment test results.
(c) Information that you have provided them about your health, including any medical condition.
· Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions [(prospective employees only)].
· Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
· The following data from third parties is from a publicly accessible source, name, employment history, personal email address, qualifications.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
· Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
· Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
· Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
· Keep records related to our hiring processes.
· Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role. During the process of deciding whether to offer you the role we may take up references and carry out any other check before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
HOW WE USE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
· We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
· We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
INFORMATION ABOUT CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
We envisage that we will process information about criminal convictions.
If your role requires a high degree of trust and integrity, for example dealing with the company’s confidential information or access to financial systems, we will ask you to seek a basic disclosure of your criminal records history.
We have in place an appropriate policy document and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing such data.
You will not be subject to decisions by the Company that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: Workable Software Limited. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the HR Manager in writing.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Recruitment Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we handle your personal information, please contact the HR Department. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.